Prevent and Treat Cystitis Naturally
What is Cysticlean?
Cysticlean ® 240mg PAC is a vegetarian capsule containing natural concentrated American cranberry extract ,equivalent to 240mg of proanthocyanidins(PAC).
Sophisticated testing procedures guarantees the most potent PAC from American Cranberries. Cranberries have been long reputed for their benefits on the health of the urinary tract but most cranberry products cannot offer the guaranteed level of PAC required for a beneficial real effect on cystitis and urinary tract infections. The essential ingredient in cranberry extract is the PAC. The level and potency of the PAC determines effectiveness-not the mg of cranberry extract. Contains 30 capsules- for 15 days treatment or 30 days preventative treatment.
Why Cysticlean® if you have cystitis or a urinary tract infection?
-Prescribed and recommended by doctors, urologists and gynecologists in Europe and the UK: - ‘for people with recurrent uncomplicated UTI’s, routine utilization of Cysticlean® products may offer an alternative methodology to antibiotic prophylaxis’ Dr Othman, gynecologist.
-Meets the requirements of a class Class IIa Medical Device product-for the treatment and prevention of cystitis-CE 0481
-Helps treat cystitis and prevents further infection from bacteria causing infection.
-Antibiotics are often repeatedly used to stop the infection causing recurrent urinary tract infections and cystitis.
-Cysticlean has been scientifically proven to help reduce the recurrence breaking the cycle and dependence on antibiotics for recurrent cystitis.
-Backed by clinical studies on recurrent cystitis-proven to work
How does Cysticlean work?
Chronic cystitis and urinary tract infections can damage the inner urinary bladder wall.
PAC effect: the unique recognized effect of PAC is its ability to block the "receptors" existing on the inner urinary bladder wall where bacteria can attach and then proliferate and produce an infection.
Key to controlling recurrent cystitis and urinary tract infections is improving the bladder's ability to flush away bacteria stopping their adhesion to the bladder wall.
High levels of type A PAC are clinically proven to decrease the adherence of bacteria to the bladder wall reducing the opportunity for further urinary health issues.
The unique Cysticlean® formulation has been clinically proven to be highly effective in promoting this anti- adhesive effect.
With continuous use of Cysticlean®, bacteria lose their adherence properties, allowing discharge through urination
Clinical trials have proven Cysticlean® is effective in helping to reduce recurrence after 3-6 months.
How to use:
Treatment of Cystitis: 1 capsule morning and evening for 15days.
Prevention of Cystitis: 1 capsule a day. For recurrent cystitis it has been proven that Cysticlean is effective after 3-6 months use.
In accordance with Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC , a break of 3-5 days is recommended after every 30 days of consumption.
It can be taken at any time of day; however for prevention it is best to take it before going to bed so that the cranberry PACs work while you sleep
It is advisable to maintain good hydration levels.
What is the proof?
Cysticlean and Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection
By Dr. Mohammad Othman
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is the most common infection in hospital settings. While antibiotics are quite effective at providing clinical cure for UTI, urogenital pathogen drug resistance is on the increase. In recent decades, cranberry has been shown to be solid means of alleviating and curing several illnesses that previously could only be treated with conventional drugs. The anti-adherence activity of American cranberry products is the main mechanism involved in the preventive actions of UTIs, and it is a dose-dependent. CysticleanR shows a significant inhibition of E. coli adherence, in vitro and ex vivo, to uroepithelial cells. CysticleanR is a food product that contains a cranberry extract, that has been formulated as capsules and sachets containing a concentrated cranberry fruit extract. CysticleanR provides 240 mg of proanthocyanidins (PACs).For people with recurrent uncomplicated UTIs, routine utilization of CysticleanR products may offer an alternative methodology to antibiotic prophylaxis. The anti-adherence activity of CysticleanR is greater than other marketed products. The PACs content in CysticleanR is enough to produce their pharmacological activity, reduce the UTIs recurrences and improve patients symptoms.
Othman M. Cysticlean and Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection. WebmedCentral UROLOGY 2013;4(4):WMC004203
Studies on Cranberry
Cochrane institute has suggested that the ingestion of cranberry extracts will help to prevent urinary low tract infections caused by Escherichia coli.
1. In-vitro and in-vivo evidence of dose-dependent decrease of uropathogenic Escherichia coli virulence after consumption of commercial Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) capsules !.-P. Ullviglle1, G. BOll, C. CombesCllre, H. Botto and A. Sotto? Clin Microbio lnfect 2008; 14: 350-355
2. SAFETY AND EFFICACY OF CRANBERRY (Vaccinium Macrocarpon) DURING PREGNANCY AND LACTATION.Jean-Jacques Dugoua, Dugald Seely, Daniel Perri, Edward Mills, Gideon Koren. Can J Clin Pharmacol Vol 15 (1) Winter 2008:e80-e86; January 18, 2008
3. Daily Cranberry Juice for the Prevention of Asymptomatic Bacteriuria in Pregnancy: A Randomized, Controlled Pilot Study Deborah A. Wing,*,? Pamela J. Rumney, Christine W. Preslicka and Judith H. Cheng. THE JOURNAL OF UROLOGY Vol. 180, 1367-1372, October 2008.
4. Cranberries for preventing urinary tract infections (Review) Jepson RG, Craig JC The Cochrane Library 2008, Issue 4
Studies identifying that the preventative action of cranberry is directly related to the level of PAC
1. EFECTO DEL ARANDANO AMERICANO (CYSTICLEANR)? SOBRE LA ADHERENCIA DE ESCHERICHIA COLI A CELULAS EPITELIALES DE VEJIGA. ESTUDIO IN VITRO Y EX VIVO Ester Risco, Carlos Miguelez, Eduardo Sanchez de Badajoz y Alberto Rouseaud.Arch. Esp. Urol. 2010; 63 (6)
2. TREATMENT OF PAEDIATRIC URINARY INFECTIONS WITH CONCENTRATED CRANBERRY. 1 year follow up. Dr. Garat. Acta pediatrica (in press)
Studies Using Cysticlean
1. Preclinical and clinical studies demonstrated that Cysticlean has an anti-adhesive effect on E coli on the inner bladder wall of up to 83%. This is the key factor for assessing the performance of cranberry extract supplements. Our data on file indicates that the level of cranberry extract alone is not the only indicator affecting the effectiveness in preventing urinary low tract infections but more importantly the level of PAC Type A
* EFFECT OF CRANBERRY (CYSTICLEAN) ON THE ADHERENCE CAPACITY OF ESCHERICHIA COLI TO EPITHELIAL CELLS OF THE URINARY INNER BLADDER WALL. AN IN VITRO AND EX VIVO STUDY, Arch. Esp. Urol. 2010; 63 (6), Ester Risco, Carlos Miguelez, Eduardo Sanchez de Badajoz y Alberto Rouseaud.
* IN VITRO EVALUATION STUDY OF E. COLI ADHESION TO T24 CELLS, Harlan Laboratories Study S24908
* IN VITRO EVALUATION STUDY OF E. COLI ADHESION TO T24 CELLS, Harlan Laboratories Study S25516
2. Several human observational studies with Cysticlean, with over 500 women participating has indicated up to 80% reduction in the number of urinary infections experienced, with no side effects. Details below:
1 tablet/sachet a day ingested in the evening of CysticleanR with 240 mg of PAC is giving the maximum protection to prevent the recurrence of urinary tract infections. Patients have experienced a significant reduction of new urinary infection episodes compared to their previous experience. All patients evaluated were suffering from recurrent urinary tract infections every year > 3 episodes per year 3. Currently there is a trial running with 500 patients, living in a nursing home who are 65 years of age and older. It is a double blind, placebo controlled trial with continuous treatment using Cysticlean over a period of 6 months .The trial is to evaluate if the recurrence of urinary infections decreases with the continuous use of Cysticlean. This is the first study involving the largest number of elderly patients to demonstrate the effect of Cranberry on urinary tract infection. The study started late 2010 and more than 150 patients are already under treatment. This study will help to confirm the use of Cystilcean in these patients, helping them to reduce their urinary infections and reducing the consumption of antibiotics needed to treat this disease.
|Directions Of Use||1 capsule a day It can be taken at any time of day; however it is best to take it before going to bed so that the cranberry PACs work while you sleep. It is advisable to extend this from 3 to 6 months or until you stop relapsing. For acute UTD, you should see your doctor so he can prescribe the most suitable antibiotic. In these cases, cranberries may help to prevent relapse. Never substitute antibiotics with cranberries.|
|Nutrition Info||Concentrated Cranberry extract (Vaccinum macrocarpon) containing 240 mg of type A proanthocyanidins (PAC) from North American red cranberries.|
|Precautions||Cranberry intake has not shown contraindications or side effects. For this reason it is an ideal food supplement in long term support for urinary health care. Do not exceed the stated dose. Cysticlean should not be used to treat, prevent or cure any disease. However, it may be an effective part of a health maintenance routine as part of a healthy lifestyle. If an infection is suspected, always consult a health care professional|